Monday, April 23, 2012

DIY.....I am Dyeing...with a Vengeance

When I was younger I remember tie-dyeing a t-shirt, unfortunately I can not recall whether it was an epic fail or a piece of art. In the notion of creativity and keeping it OOAK* I tried it again.  This time I used a silk t-shirt that I had made awhile back for another project. (I still have a bag of silk fabric waiting to be turned into something fabulous and have no doubt that will occur soon). Here is my first adult try at dip dyeing a shirt & necklace. The silk held the color a bit better, I think I will re-dye the necklace so that the color is more dense. Im definitely going to be dyeing more, and perhaps I will further home my skills and post a tutorial.












*OOAK="one of a kind", an acronym I have picked up from the crafty.

1 comment:

G said...

Cute!
I can't wait to see the tutorial. I love the way the edges of the tie dye came out on the silk shirt. It almost looks spooky, lol. (in a good way!)