Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gnocchi for me

I'm a "picky" eater...I don't eat anything with a face, I'm sort of a vegetarian, but not strict. The truth is I just love veggies. On  a kick I tried to give up dairy and learned that good cheese is my weakness, I can get a little uppity over my cheeses.

This lovely dinner is the result of researching recipes, cutting out everything I didn't want, and  making it exactly the way I prefer. 

There are no rules in cooking-as long as it turns out delicious.

I was initially going to make my own gnocchi from scratch, then decided to use the fresh prepared from the market. I quick-steamed & blanched the brussels and prepared the gnocchi per the package. Next I blended everything together with gruyere, fontina, and a little parmesan.  Perfect.

 

If you try this use whatever cheese you prefer. Also, I'll roast the brussel sprouts next time for a bit more texture against the the soft gnocchi, perhaps even sprinkle a lil faux bacon. I served it with a spinach salad and sauteed kale...told you, I like my veggies!!!


No comments: