Tuesday, January 1, 2013

DIY Sequin Maxi...Shine bright like a....


A little over a month ago, I came across the Filles e Papa Gina maxi skirt and knew immediately I had to have it. The skirt sold out pretty quickly and the price caused me to hesitate and miss out. After speaking with my sewing instructor/friend she seemed confident that we could tackle it together. Again I was hesitant, but figured...why not? The sequin material proved to be quite tricky but I love the way it turned out. The cut is slightly different from the muse, and my version has an exposed rear zipper, a straighter line cut.


The best part is that I made it and I love it....this is the exact reason I began sewing in the first place!

It debuted New Years 2013.


I plan on making another with more muted sequins and a different pattern....soon to come.

3 comments:

ballouscues said...

very nice!

Kelei-DesignPuddle said...

Thanks Ballouscues!

Felicity said...

Hello Kelei,
My sister is really looking for the Maxi skirt Sequin from Fille à Papa
I can't find it anymore, and know it's a lil last season so i was just wondering if by any chance it would be a size M (38) and if i could buy it from you?